My lovely stalkers!

Sunday, 4 December 2011

Christmas Altered Art


I was dismantling an old book ready for up-cycling and thought that the back cover would make a nice canvas to work on so I got to work with it!

I primed it with acrylic paint in a cream colour before putting a green and blue cover of paint over it with some really lovely peacock blue diamond sparkles from hunkydory.

Once the paint was dry I covered i with some homemade mod podge (which I might add works great and is so cheap to make!).

While that was drying I gathered up some Christmas images mainly from www.lisasalteredart.com and one background piece from www.cemerony.etsy.com, I had a couple of Christmas background papers in my paper stash that I tore and my son distressed with various distress inks. To make the picture I just layered up all the images along with a piece of holly ribbon and some handmade poinsettia flowers that I brought from eBay a few weeks ago. The images were all stuck on with my version of mod podge and then I covered them all in the glue to seal it all.

No comments: