My lovely stalkers!

Saturday, 14 January 2012

A little bit of kink - Recycled book - Business card holder


This project is for the Smudgy Antics challenge – recycle something and can be found here ;http://smudgyantics.blogspot.com/2012/01/weekly-challenge-recycle-something.html

and the Delicious Doodles Challenge http://deliciousdoodleschallenge.blogspot.com/2012/01/challenge-10-all-things-new.html the new thing I am using is my new digi stamp which is linked a little further down.

The Items I have recycled are a book and wallpaper samples. And what I’ve turned them into is a business card holder. It would certainly liven up the office desk!

I’m not doing a tutorial for this post but if anyone would like one I could do one and post it.

The book was one I picked up in a job lot and had a damaged spine and water damage to the first few pages so wasn’t much use. I removed the covers and the damaged pages and used the rest of it. The red and black layers are old wallpaper samples, I think wall paper makes fab backing paper and this is really good quality and very thick. The image is from http://www.smearedink.com/ and it is called Femdom- Submissive, I coloured this with promarkers, didn’t really add a great deal of colour to it just a bit of coral, dusky pink and blush. The little tags at the bottom are Tim Holtz grunge board that I covered with embossing ink and covered with Debbi Moore Print magic in Christmas red. I put on the pearl gems and made the little mini handcuffs with jump rings. Along the spine I added a length of silver chain just to finish it off.











5 comments:

~Lady B~ said...

This is absolutely fabulous! Fantastic craftsmanship and awesome image! Thanks for playing with Smudgy Antics this week!

blackdragon said...

Superb piece... wicked image that i havent dared use just yet.
Thank you for joining us at Smudgy Antics this week.
BD x

monique said...

awesome piece of art, great job, thanks for playing at smudgy antics

ike said...

WoW - this is fantastic. What a cool idea. Lovely piece of work. Thank you for playing at Smudgy Antics this week and I hope to see you again :-D

Teri said...

Looks fabulous hun, great job (naughty image, LOL)! Thanks for playing at the Delicious Doodles Challenge, and good luck! xx