My lovely stalkers!

Thursday, 5 April 2012

Charity shop haul

I was feeling up to leaving the house today and needed to get a bit of shopping so I went into town, while I was there I called into a few charity shops. I love having a mooch in charity shops you just never know what you might find. Today was one of those oh wow sort of days. I picked up all of this for hardly anything!!
I will of course be turning it all into something else or changing it in some way other other :D The first item is a wicker basket that was £1.49
I thought that this would be great to keep some of my craft supplies in. then I picked up this awesome retro Cadburys tin, again I will probably keep some kind of craft supply in this, but I might also add a few bits to it. this was a massive 39p lol
in the same shop I also picked up this great little jewelry box, it's black inside which I loved and has a funky snake skin pattern on the outside It was just screaming out to be altered. Again this was £1.49
In the next shop I saw this lovely little basket it's made of wire and I know I will find a use for it, or find some crazy idea how to alter it. this one was £1.50
Then there was this lovely round shabby chic cushion case that was reduced to 30p!
and this satin covered head band that was also 30p, I am going to decorate this I just love headbands.
I picked up this lovely wooden frame and mirror (which I have already started to paint) for just 99p
The final Item I found by chance trying to get to a tub of beads, I looked and though why would they be selling a matchbox for £1 when I opened it I found a little wind up musical movement like you get in music boxes. It plays a children's nursery rhyme and I loved it.
so there you have it my collection of goodies it really is true what is one persons trash is another persons treasure!!

3 comments:

Kristina said...

Shell,
All your findings are so killer awesome, I so cant wait to see what you do w/ them all! And the music thing wow that is a cool ass killer find too! The snake skin box, almost makes you not want to cover it cuz iy looks so wild! Tks for sharing your find! I have a qustions for you. Do you have a place to sign up via e-mail? Because I just stalked you via your stalking button. But I would loved to be notified when you make a post! Thanks!
Peace,
Kristy

Happycrafter said...

Hey Kristy I know what you mean with that snake skin box, I don't think I will be covering the whole thing i'm thinking maybe stamp onto tissue paper and mod podge it so the snake skin comes through underneath. I'm sure there is a way to subscribe via email, I will have a look into it for you and let you know! :)

Happycrafter said...

Well that was easy! there is now the option to subscribe to emails :D