My lovely stalkers!

Tuesday, 7 August 2012

SmudgeFest day 2!

SmudgeFest Day 2


Welcome to Day 2 of Smudgefest! For all the details on the challenge, please visit the first post. Thank you all so much for participating in yesterday's challenge! What an amazing variety of projects! We are stoked to move on to today's challenge and see what you can muster up, and hope you are as well.

The Challenge: TRASHY TUESDAY 

Create a project by upcycling some of your trash! Be sure to pick something that is obviously trash (i.e. soda can, bottle tops, bread closure tabs, etc.).

I have used a frozen yogurt pot for my project




I painted over all of the writing with black acrylic paint, when it was dry I threaded the black twine through to make a handle. I used the Tim Holtz rosette die to make the rosette for the top and then I used the Skeleton King - As Death stamp from Smeared Ink which i coloured with promarkers before rubbing over with distress inks. I stuck this to the front of the pot and finished it off with some black flower trim.























































10 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh my word...that's just crazy how you transformed that yogurt pot. It turned out fantastic...you could put a little trinket inside and give it as a gift! Good luck with SmudgeFest!

Ally White Cat said...

Thanks for sharing shell...this is wonderful! I love this fantastic.
hugs,
susan

ike said...

WoWza- that is absolutely fantastic. Superb creation Shell (and Yoo Moo..... I LUV it) LoL
Got my MB today - thank you.. I've Blogged about it :-D xxxxxxxxxx

lisa aka b.creative said...

Yay!really nice creation! xx

Happycrafter Shell said...

Yay!! Glad it got there safe :)D

Evil Edna said...

wow, really cool and funky.EE

monique said...

wow this is so fantastic, it's very beautiful, great idea

Tori said...

Shell, this is just awesome! I love how it turned out! You might as well start making tutorials for everything you do because it's all just amazing. This is dark and romantic and I live the way you have treated our image! Thanks for playing and I hope to see you tomorrow!

:)tOri

Steph said...

Amazing! I would have never guess that was a yogurt ocntainer, it's beautiful. I love how you've colored the image and that flower on top is perfect.

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Fabulous re-use of an ordinary pot Shell. Love the image you chose for the outside, coloured wonderfully xxx