My lovely stalkers!

Monday, 6 August 2012

Smudgefest day one!

I have been so hyped about this event! I wasn't a member of smeared and smudged for the last SmudgeFest so this is all new to me. If you'd like to know more about it click here and have a read and maybe join in too!!



I have made a tag for this first challenge which was to use at least 3 of the following: 
  • fibers or ribbon
  • metal
  • paint
  • chalk
  • newspaper
  • pencil
  • deco paper
  • glitter
  • stencils


I have used Fibers, metal, paint, chalk(well chalk ink), glitter and stencils for my Tag

I sprayed over the tag with glimmer mist and when it was dry inked over the edges with distress ink. I then used chalk ink to stamp the  raven from the Quoth The Raven rubber stamp set from Smeared ink. the birdcage is a Tim Holtz die cut that I cut in black before using a brown and copper paint dauber to go over it, while it was still a little wet I sprinkled on some glitter. I used a piece of lace, a doilie and a boarder cut out as stencils to ink over to make the patterns on the tag. I then finished the tag off with some fibers, a glittered metal brad and a metal spider charm.






I am also entering this into the following challenges:


7 comments:

Zoe said...

Wow! This is fantastic Shell, love it xxx

Wendy said...

This is a great tag! Wow, love how you created the background! I'm going to have to give that a try...

Tori said...

AWESOME, Shell! That birdcage looks like aged metal. Fantastic work, love the entire tag! Hope to see you tomorrow!

:)tOri

ike said...

That is gorgeous Shell. Love the lil' spider. So glad you are with us at S&S xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

monique said...

beautiful tag , love the metal look and the spidey

Lexie said...

Lovely tag, Shell. Particularly like the little spider!
Thank you for joining us at the Cards Galore Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Shell - what a beautiful tag. Love the look of those extra little touches used. xxx