The challenge I have set is to make something using household items, either by upcycling or using them to create the project.
I have made an example of both ways for some inspiration
The first piece is an altered bottle.
I started off by putting some alcohol inks inside the bottle, as I was going to do a different design...but then I changed my mind so followed it with some rubbing alcohol on the front so you could still see inside the bottle. I then went into my garden and cut off a bit of one of my trees , added some small paper flowers to it by twisting the stems around the twigs.
I printed off the grungy Heart from smeared ink and coloured it with my promarkers then added some utee to it. I stuck it to the twigs ready for going into the bottle.
Before putting the main part into the bottle I dropped in a bit of raffia and twine and pushed it to the bottom as best as I could then I dropped in some hot glue to the bottom of the bottle. I gently held the twig close together and slowly pushed it into the bottle, It took a bit of twisting but it did eventually go in. I then sealed the top with a small wooden round thingy...not really sure what is it but I use them as feet for boxes sometimes, to this I added a large gardenia. I wound some twine around the neck of the bottle and finished it off with some ribbon and fibers. At the bottom I used a piece of black lave topped with some purple lace basically to hide the untidiness of it. If I was to make another of these I wouldn't put the alcohol ink in as it does make it more difficult to see inside, but still I quite like my captured heart...something kinda fairy tailish about it :)
The next piece I made using a dish sponge to make the stamped background I stamped it onto some paper from my stash with chipped sapphire distress ink I then coloured in the wistful fairy stamp from smeared ink with distress inks, I wanted to keep it really simple and soft. this was added to the background with a heart shaped doily behind it, I inked over the doily with weathered wood distress ink first. To finish it I added a dark grey rolled fabric flower, a couple of pink rose buds and some bead stems.