My lovely stalkers!

Monday, 15 October 2012

Smudgy Antics challenge and day 15

Hello everyone It's Monday again which means another challenge over at Smudgy Antics!! Now there is some rather interesting news there today too, we are changing the way the challenges work the winners will be picked in a different way from now on so please go and take a look at the challenge blog for the full information on how the challenges will work.

This weeks challenge is Dia De Los Muertos, I had a bit of a block in making this one so decided to use the sketch on the smeared and smudged forum very sketchy challenge. I had a look on the internet for inspiration too and was finding that every search was bring up more an more bright colours. I am not normally a fan of bright but I had a go with this card anyway. Once it was all put together I looked and thought it's missing something, which is when I tried my hand and free hand doodling, something I have never done before!! I need more practice, but for a first try it's not that bad! :) 



The image I used is one of the new digi's from smeared ink and can be found here 

Maybe you 31 dayers could make one of your days this week dedicated to Dia De Los Muertos and come play along with us!

15 comments:

ike said...

Super colour scheme. Fantastic creation Shell :-) xxx

Sharon Sahl said...

Your freehand doodling is just the right touch and I love how you have transitioned to the bright colors!

Gloria Blenkhorn said...

love the bright colors..you rock!

Pam Schmidt said...

Great coloring technique and the hand doodling really adds a nice accent. Thank you for sharing your art and your heart.

DonnaMundinger said...

Love the stamp and your doodling really sets off the color blocking. Fabulous! xxD

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Very pretty in an oh so spooky way!

Jane said...

looks awesome great work
hugs xxx

monique said...

great card love the orange and pink together , great doodeling

Julia said...

Love this image! Great card!
Hugs,
Julia

Ally White Cat said...

beautiful work shell. just gorgeous..
hugs,
susan s.

~Lady B~ said...

Great take on the sketch and I love your colouring and doodles! Fab job on trying something new and making it look great!

Steph said...

Gorgeous card, love that new image.

silvia said...

Super cool!!

Candace Jedrowicz said...

Lovely card! Great work!

Kristina said...

I love how your DT card turned out! Love your embllies too!
Peace,
Kristy