My lovely stalkers!

Monday, 1 October 2012

Smudgy Antics Dance with Death and day one of 31 days of halloween!!

Woo Hoo it's started!!! I have been really looking forward to taking part in 31 days of Halloween this year but it has crept up soo fast I'm nowhere near as organized as I was hoping to be. 



My first piece is my DT piece for Smudgy Antics who's challenge this week is Dance with Death.

I had made a great project for this it had taken me hours but as I was taking it through to get photos taken I dropped it and it's totally ruined so I had to come up with something else really fast! 

After a bit of thinking I decided to make a card using the Dance - As Death stamp from smeared ink.




I normally use my best super smooth card or paper for printing my digis on and colouring them but I have printed this one onto a sheet of cheap copy paper....now this isn't because I couldn't be bothered to use my good paper, I wanted to show that you don't have to have the most expensive or the best to make a good job...I personally think that when images are printed onto this type of paper the image ends up with a more vintage look and feel at the end of it. 

I layered the card up with paper and card stock from my stash, I think I only used Bazzil and Graphic 45. The flowers on the sides have been cut from a long piece of trim and the other flower and charm are from my stash.

I really hope you will join us and play along with the challenge this week and that you will stop by to see what everyone makes for the 31 days of Halloween, the blog roll is just at the side there--------->>>>>>>>> and for the rules check out Terra's blog at the top of that list.

25 comments:

ScrappinCSI said...

Looks great and I love how you showed an example with cheap paper and that it still turns out wonderfully. Thank you.

Candace Jedrowicz said...

Lovely piece, Shell! Happy October!

Ally White Cat said...

Shell your pieces are wonderful on anything..I truly am a fan. wonderful art love the flowers.
susan s.

Kristina said...

I think yo have done a beautiful job Shell!
Peace,
Kristy

daffy said...

great card i like the way the cheaper paper make it look older
carolyn h

Regina said...

I think this piece looks fantastic!! Love the whole vintage look!!

Regi ^_^

~Lady B~ said...

Beautiful card! Your coloring is amazing and you definitely achieved the vintage look you were going for! Great work!

silvia said...

Awseome card!! LOVE the image!!

Sharon Sahl said...

Shell, so sorry your first project got messed up but this one is lovely. The cheaper paper really worked out beautifully!

Zoe said...

Lol! Love it all apart from the image, but you know that anyway Hun xxx love ya though ;) I've use cheap copy paper for many printed images and I have to say, there is very little if any difference to me! Xxx

monique said...

looks great beautiful coloured, very beautiul

Jane said...

Love it looks awesome
Hugs xxx

Julia said...

Sorry that you lost your first piece, but this card is beautiful. love the image and the flowers.
Hugs,
Julia

xfilekc said...

I am so sorry that your first project was damaged. The colouring on the card is lovely.

Roz Willoughby said...

awesome work!!

Celeste said...

That image is awesome!I love your flowers too. So sad about your first project.

Dieverdog said...

That's too bad about losing the first work - I feel for ya! But what a comeback! I love it - great image (I may just have to get this one - it's very cool). I love what you did with it!

ScrappingBeauty said...

i like this card..all the little extras on it come together nicely

Steph said...

I would have never guessed that was regular copy paper, the colors look wonderful. Great card!

DonnaMundinger said...

Loving your colors and fab flowers! Gorgeous! xxD

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Fabulous, love those flowers
Lindsay xx

ike said...

This is fantastic and your flowers are gorgeous. Such a shame about the other project !!!! I bet you swore ?!! xxxxxxx

Happycrafter Shell said...

I might have uttered a few choice words yes lol!! Hope you are doing ok Ike xxx

Sara a.k.a. Eternal Princess Ryan said...

I must say that this is awesome! You are very talented and I am loving this creation! You Rock and Hugs!

ldfdesign said...

i'm sorry about your first project, that suxs. but i love your coloring! wonderful job!