My lovely stalkers!

Tuesday, 30 October 2012

Tuesday Alchemy and day 30 of 31 days of Halloween


It's time to enjoy the season . . you know, the season of Halloween.
Create ANY project that is dark, gothic or spooky. Think dark colors & creepy crawlies.
(It doesn't have to be Halloween specifically, btw.)

{ Sponsors }



Hi! Im Jessica or Floppy Latte Designs ñ the name comes from my significant other, Mark. He so thoughtfully purchased me an espresso machine for Christmas, and since he could not remember all the different coffee drinks that I crank out, he calls everything that comes out of the machine ìFloppy Lattesî, I thought to myself, SelfÖthat is such a catchy name, you should use it! And thus the name, Floppy Latte Designs was born. I had been doing a bit of designing under my real name, Jessica, but the new name just sounded sooooo fun! So, all the credit goes to Mark, for his humor and great ideas! I design digital stamps and papers, and also rework old woodcuts and drawings and put them into digital stamp form. My fav right now is flowers, but Floppy Latte's Digital Designs offers a bit of something for everyone! I do hope you will visit me at www.floppylattedesigns.com/catalog and have a look around!



Loves Rubberstamps carries the hottest new rubber stamps, scrapbooking and papercrafting supplies and tools available in the market today! We carry only the finest brands and are always adding new products and manufacturers to give you the best selection available! We strive to become your one stop shop for all your papercrafting needs!


Easy one right? :D don't forget you can enter more than one project each week.

My piece is one I did make at the start of the month but dropped so I have remade it.I used one of my fav images from smeared ink, the dead dancer. The carousel was made from a box which I painted then I covered some long lolly pop sticks with black duct tape and attached them to top and bottom. I have fixed a musical working to the bottom so as it plays music it turns. I did realise once I put it all together that when it spins the dancers go backwards! now as they are dead i'm not sure if  want to redo them so they face the right way, I kind of like that they go the wrong way lol.



I have used a battery light in the middle, I got a pack of these from a cheap shop, I think there were 3 for £1!!.




I hope you will come and play along with us at Tuesday Alchemy this week

27 comments:

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Absolutely spectacular Shell. I bow to your creativity xx

Cloudedbrains said...

Stunning x

Linda said...

WOW Shell this is awesome! I love the fantastic design and as Helen said I too bow to your creativity. You are a genius!!!

Hugs
Linda xxx

sam said...

Wow this is absolutely stunning xx

Kate M said...

Absolutely fabulous!!
Kate
xx

DonnaMundinger said...

WOW Shell. I love it! I think the dancers going backward makes it spookier. Fabulous work! xxD

Pam Schmidt said...

Gorgeous work. I'm glad you picked this back up and worked on it again, it's stunning. Thanks for sharing a part of you and your art.

jane stillman said...

Wow! what a fabulous project x

Sharon Sahl said...

Your carousel is stunning! The dead dancers absolutely should dance backwards!

Kandy's Krafts said...

That's gorgeous and ingenious.

Gwyneth said...

Fantastic creation. It looks spectacular.

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Wow! This is absolutely beautiful, such a wonderful idea and a gorgeous shape
Lindsay xx

silvia said...

Fabulous!!

Jane said...

wow this is awesome fantastic work.
hugs xxx

~Lady B~ said...

Super stunning, awesome galore! I love your carousel and really love the way the dancers go backwards. I would definitely leave it be. It adds an eerie quality to your project! Your project freakin' rocks!

monique said...

this is amazing, love the dancers, brilliant idea, best carousel ever

Carla said...

Beyond fabulous! So clever and cool! I need one just like it!

Julia said...

Oh my, this is just fab. Awesome piece.
Hugs,
Julia

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

FABULOUS! I love it to bits! Just wonderful!

Candace Jedrowicz said...

How lovely! I loved hearing it! Thank you!

Steph said...

WOW, this is so cool! I think it's perfect with them going backwards. What an awesome project!

ScrappingBeauty said...

Beautiful..dark deadly black ballerinas

Zoe said...

Very clever and I love it xxx "surprise" lol ;) x

lisa aka b.creative said...

so soooo pretty!! thank you for all the wonderful inspiration during the 31days! :) x

Marjorie said...

This is so pretty....Thank you for sharing with us this week at Make it Monday...

Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

alicaz said...

wonderful! Love that image - looks like the Black Swan from Swan Lake :)
Thanks for joining us at Anything But A Card!

Hugs, Alica ;)

Julia S-W said...

Wonderfully creative and I love the little dancer. Fabulous project. Thanks for joining us at Anything But A Card and I hope we'll see you again.
Juliax