My lovely stalkers!

Monday, 25 March 2013

design team throwdown at smeared and smudged

Oh how wonderful it is to have a Monday and not have to get up and go to work :D This morning I am sharing my piece for the 2nd design team throwdown over at smeared and smudged. For those who don't know what this is about it's a challenge for design teams, each team has 3 members make something following the theme, all 3 items are then posted on one blog and at the end people get to vote for the favourite pieces. full details can be found here

We at Quoth the Raven have decided to put a team together for this challenge which is faux finish and texture. all of our pieces are on the Quoth the Raven blog, along with our current challenge anything Poe's.

I have made an altered piece which I am also entering into Mark's GDT challenge over at smeared and smudged.

I used an old snooker triange which has been covered in embossing powders and paint washes, then had gold leaf applied and another paint wash over it. The inside is a faux peeled paint technique and the letters have been given a faux copper patina look. The poe stamp is from smeared ink  and has been stamped onto some faux leather.






I am also entering this into the following challenges.



11 comments:

mark gould said...

Love this Shell, Im sure I left you a comment earlier bit it's not showing, Think the phone has issues. great re use of a snooker triangle x great techniques too. x

Rene said...

Awesome! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at MIM this week! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance at our second prize! Good luck and I hope to see you back in a week for a new challenge!
Rene ;D

lizzidroege said...

this is just sooo cool, love the design and workmanship...so happy to see your work at sch this week...lizzi

Loz said...

Fantastic project Shell. I saw this on MIM..Loz

Ally White Cat said...

I love this I saw it on BDs forum and was awed. It is stunning and wonderful
susan s

Donna said...

Wonderful project for the throwdown challenge! So many different faux finishes...I love all the layers andt extures..just awesome!
Wonder if my dad would be upset if his snooker triangle suddenly went missing...

Chris D. said...

This is fabulous Shell! Love all the different textures!

~Lady B~ said...

Fabulous Faux techniques! I especially love the Patina on the letters and the peeled paint! You must teach me how to get the pealed paint effect. Your work always inspires me!

Andrea C said...

Excellent faux finish! WHo doesn't love Poe hehe x

Daniele said...

thanks for joining us at SCH with your lovely project, love the faux effect
hugs

Julia said...

I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!

My entries are: #4, #207, #213, and #236.

I would love to have you visit my blogs: Paper and Scraps Creations by Julia and My Art... Healing The Soul.

Hugs,

Julia