My lovely stalkers!

Sunday, 2 June 2013

hanging around

I've been playing around on a little canvas today, I had played around with this canvas before so there was lots of texture on it. I started by painting over it all with a brown gouache paint, then added more colour and depth. I am no artist so I am sorry that to some (probably most) this will just look like a big mess but I am hoping that you can at least make out the 2 nooses on there hanging from the tree's on each side.





I will be entering this into the current challenge at Haunted Design House.

9 comments:

Kristina said...

I really do like this shell I can see the noose, this gives off an eerie feeling. Which I assume that' what you were going for?
Peace,
Kristy

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Very sinister and haunting painting, Shelley. I like the textures and the crackle effects. And yes, I can clearly make out the entire scene, trees, nooses, hills, moon, and path.
Brilliant! Thanks so much for joining us in the dungeon at HDH. Always a pleasure to see what you create.

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Wow Shell, this is awesome, so much in there to see, kinda makes me keep looking to make sure I haven't missed anything. Thank you for sharing at HDH xxx

DonnaMundinger said...

The nooses immediately jumped out at me and the more I looked, the more I saw. Brilliantly haunting, Shell. thanks so much for sharing with HDH. xxD

Matney said...

I get the heebie geebies just looking at this! Not a mess at all, love all the texture and the feeling you get from it. So great!

I Don't Do Straight said...

Haunting piece Shell. You have done an excellent job here. Love the trees silhouetted by the moon, and yes, I can clearly see both nooses hanging from the trees....FAB! :)
Thanks for sharing with us at Haunted Design House :)

Andrea C said...

Superb painting. Really love the different textures. Hauntingly wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us at haunted design house x

Sall said...

This sounds odd but I could look at this all day and see so much in fact I'd rather look than craft when it's this good.

mark gould said...

fab texture and I love the rich colours. thanks for joining us at hdh x