My lovely stalkers!

Friday, 9 August 2013

Quoth the Rave Tic Tac Poe

This month the challenge over at Quoth the Raven is Tic Tac Poe using the grid below, I was away on holiday when the new challenge went live so I'm a little late in getting mine made and posted.






I decided to go with the middle row for my piece, I used an 8" x 8" canvas to create my Poe piece.
this is the list of materials I used


  • Simply betty stamp
  • canvas paper
  • acrylic paints from DecoArt in the following colours, DAO1 Snow(titanium) White, DAO64 Burnt Umber, DAO72 Venetian gold
  • Reeves Modeling paste
  • Fabric scrap
  • Tim Holtz grungeboard key and hinges and letters(already painted and recycled from a previous project)
  • Brads
  • Glossy accents
  • Big shot
  • Tim Holtz/Sizzix embossing folders
  • Paint brushes and painting knife
  • Tim Holtz Distress markers and ink
  • Faber castell watercolour pencils


  1. Add some molding paste and draw pretty patterns in it.
  2. Paint with white acrylic paint
  3. paint over with burnt umber acrylic paint
  4. print image onto canvas paper
  5. colour image with watercolour pencils and distress ink/markers
  6. rip out image and ink edges 
  7. use finger to rub over the canvas with the gold paint
  8. run grungeboard through big shot in embossing folders
  9. paint grungeboard with burnt umber
  10. rub over with venetian gold
  11. cover brads with venetian gold
  12. Stick down the fabric 
  13. Stick on the image and the grungeboard
  14. Add letters

See it's all very simple :)






No comments: