My lovely stalkers!

Friday, 9 August 2013

Smudgefest day 5

Today the challenge is to make something using a flowing medium.

I've made 2 pieces for today's piece, the first piece is a canvas board which I sprayed all over with glimmer mist and then added some spray paint. I left that out in the sun to dry while I cut a piece of cellophane which I then stamped on with stamps from the heart rubber set from smeared ink.

When the canvas was dry I laid the cellophane onto it and stuck it down on the back.







The second piece I made was this mask.





For this I used the glimmer mists again letting each bit dry before adding the next layer so the colours didn't mix. When the glimmer mist was dry I sprayed some brass spray paint while the mask was upright so it dripped down. I then used one of the rubber stamp hearts to stamp over the eyes.

9 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Great pieces, Shell! I especially love the brass "tears" on your mask. xxD

~Lady B~ said...

Dang, Shell! You're fast! Cool projects! How did you have time for 2? Pass some mojo over here please :)

happy crafter shell said...

I feel like a real cheat really, I'm off work and still getting up early so by the time the challenge goes live I've got nothing else to do LOL

Wendy said...

wow...two great projects. what do you mean by "cellophane"? like plastic wrap for food?

happy crafter shell said...

Wendy it's the wrap that they use in florists over here to wrap up bouquets. It's thicker than the food wrap which I have a feeling would be a total pig to stamp on.....hmm might have to give it a try hehe

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

totally gorgeous. love the glimmer mist sheen.

SAMARA said...

whoa shell...these are out of this world! i love the sheen and gold is a fav for use on art...way to rock it!

maureenjscott said...

Oh wow! these are fabulous projects! I love that mask and your canvas is great - cant decide what's my favourite! mo xxx

Laura B said...

Beautiful projects! I love how you used the cellophane.:)