My lovely stalkers!

Thursday, 5 December 2013

Day 3 of 12 days of creepmas and Ho Ho Poe with Quoth the raven

Today I am combining my post today with my DT piece for Quoth the Raven. I have made a journal page. I felt the need to get messy so grabbed my paints and got to work. I didn't bother getting my pain brushes out I just used my finger to spread the paints all over the page, while they were drying I stamped the Poe from Smeared Ink's Quoth the Raven rubber set onto some green paper with versamark and heat embossed it with gold tinsel embossing powder. I dried off the page with my heat gun and stamped onto it with some snowflake stamps and the grill stamp also from the quoth the Raven set. I used the raven from the same set and cut him out a little Santa hat which  used a tiny bit of stuffing from a cushion to edge the hat.

If you are planning on using anything related to Mr Poe during the creepmas hop then please join him up to our challenge


If you are joining in with the hop then please have a look at the blog roll at the side here >>> and start from the top if you haven't  already:)

15 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

WOW! FAbulous page! Love how you've embossed Poe and torn the letters. I'll be joining in this QTR challenge for sure. xxD

Glittery Katie said...

Great colours!!

applejack cards by sue said...

This looks great! I love the whole Poe thing you've got going on here.

Wiola said...

What a beautiful and interesting journal page you did here.
Personally I think that crafting should be messy. I also don't mind using my fingers instead of paint brushes.

Claudia G said...

Agree with Wiola, messy is so cool! Let us play more.

Robyn (RedDogGirl) said...

Love the torn letter shapes - really adds to the texture

Wendy said...

Woohoo...wonderful journal page. Love the background you created. Your Poe and the letters are so much fun. Great work Shell!

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

love your journal page!!! Must have been fun getting down and dirty playing with the paint.

Steph said...

Wonderful journal page! I love some Poe at Christmas, will have to check out the challenge :)

maureenjscott said...

'Ho Ho Poe'!!! love it! Fabulous Journal page, love the colours! Mo xxx

ionabunny said...

What fun. Great raven. Love his hat

Emily Thubbron said...

Fabulous AJ page. Love how you embossed it. The colors are muted, but really striking. Great job.

~Lady B~ said...

Gotta love Poe with Ho's! lol. Seriously though, cool journal piece!

Dominike said...

Not bad. Bravo.

Terra Serrano said...

Oooh, so cool how the lettering melds into the background! And the raven looks awesome with his hat :) (LB, you're cracking me up!)