My lovely stalkers!

Thursday, 3 April 2014

Quoth the Raven POEcabulary

For our challenge at Quoth the Raven this month we are asking for you to create something fit for the Master using one of his works as inspiration.

For my piece I have used the work The Black Cat. I started with an A4 watercolour journal which I sprayed and rubbed inks into, once dry I then added more ink through some homemade stencils. The image I printed out 3 times and fussy cut to layer, I also removed the eye and once it was coloured and stuck together I added some red acrylic paint into the eye socket (which I might add I found far too enjoyable for it to be normal!). The fab image has been drawn by the very talented Ike...I can't seem to find it in the store however she has drawn one specifically for The Black Cat which doesn't require it's eye to be mutilated and you can find that here.


3 comments:

applejack cards by sue said...

Hiya Shell, I haven@t visited for ages.... love your project, poor kitty! I hope you're having a good week. Sue the Nanny x

ike said...

Eeeeeek !!! This is gruesomely BRILLIANT Shell. The kitty looks FAB and I really like your background with part of the story on it. Sooooo spooky.
I think we will have to pay special attention to you in the future if you are into gouging out eyes !!! LoL
Hugz
IKE xxxxxxxxx

Susan Salyer said...

so awesome Shell.your art is always so brilliant and beautiful. I love your personality hahahaha hugs and love
susan s