My lovely stalkers!

Monday, 4 August 2014

Mixed Media Monday!

Today is the first day of Smudge Fest ...yay!!! If you have no idea what I am talking about then head here and have a look.
Today the challenge is to use 3 different mediums to colour with, well as I am not at home right now and have very limited craft items with me this was rather interesting LOL
I have loads of images and I have all my spectrum noir pens but that was it, no inks, no sprays, no paints. Luckily the boys have got a pack of cheap colouring pencils so I coloured the skin with markers, the hair with the pencils and  the wings had a bit of marker on them but then I didn't know what else to use. I tried using some beetroot but just made a mess everywhere so I thought I will have a cuppa and a think...which is when I thought why not just use the tea bag on it, so that is what I did!
The image I have used is the Succubus 3 designed by Ike for Smeared Ink





8 comments:

KristyLee said...

Shell,
Love your project, and cool idea to use the tea bag! Your always so clever! Enjoy your Holiday, and looking fwd to this week of you trying out different things cuz your not at home, this will me fun!!
Peace,
Kristy

Teresa said...

Well done for thinking outside of the box - great image x

KC said...

love it! awesome quote!

Matney said...

Look at you go! Love it. You are in for more than just the daily challenges with your limited supplies, but you did fab! Rocked it today Shell!

Avril Ann said...

Shell this is brilliant, what a fabulous image, here xxx

Erin Bentley said...

Hi Shell, a great card, love the use of the tea bag. Great image too.

Hugs Erin x

Terra Serrano said...

Ha! Brilliant use of a tea bag, I must say! I would never have guessed that you colored the image with three different mediums, it flows together so nicely. And the layout is awesome! Thanks so much for playing Shell, especially on your vaca! :)

Lyneen said...

WOW! Stunning.. love the image! I am not sure if I would have thought of the tea bag! TFS!