My lovely stalkers!

Saturday, 4 April 2015

Altered Book Page

I was given some old books a few weeks ago, not my sort of books and there were pages falling out so I thought they would be perfect to alter and use in craft projects. For this page I started by covering the pages with gesso, then I used some water colour pastels and shimmer mists. Once all of that was dry I added modeling paste though some stencils and sprayed gain once it was dry. The stamps are from Kanban, Prima and Inkadinkadoo. I coloured in the kanban stamp with Derwent Coloursoft pencils.






I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

8 comments:

Chana said...

Very nice! Thanks for sharing with us here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

~ginny said...

Love the modeling paste treatment you applied - and that image you have colored just pops off the page! So pleased you are sharing your project & creativity with us at 613 Ave C!
~ginny,
DT for 613 Ave Create – [ Anything Goes]
Owner: RubberMAD at [GettyCollection.com]

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Wow this is gorgeous hun. Thanks for sharing over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month and hope to see you again xx

Sue C said...

Beautiful journal page! Love the stars and the main image is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils. Sue C x

toni said...

Fabulous journal spread, great way to use your stamps and stencils ! I'm loving those stars too ! thanks for joining us over at Stamps and Stencils Toni x

Rupa S said...

Lovely spread and good use of your old books.Thanks for sharing this with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month. Good Luck, Rupa, DT.

Ruth said...

Great alteration of book pages, and really love the washed out effect on the right hand page. Thanks so much for joining us at Stamps and Stencils. Ruth x

Gill McCall said...

super adorable, thanks for joining us in the sisters of craft challenge. Gill DT