My lovely stalkers!

Tuesday, 15 September 2015

One for the Men with IWC

It's week 2 of the current challenge at IWC which is 'One for the Men' now normally I dread having to make anything for men, and I will be honest this piece was more a case of I was in some serious need of art therapy and I have bent the theme to fit what I really wanted to make hehe.




I started with a piece of mount board which I covered in paper, then I used Vaseline through a stencil before painting over it all. Once the paint was about dry I used a baby wipe to take the paint and Vaseline off revealing the paper underneath....now I left this a little bit too long really as some of the paper pealed too, but I fixed that when I added a black paint wash over the whole thing and then I ended up with the image over it so you wouldn't have seen it anyway.

The image is called ROBOT 2 and I have coloured it with a mixture of Coloursoft pencils and Spectrum noir pens.  I used up some Die cut cogs that had been cut ages ago (like 2 years ago!) and I used some steampunky paper before sticking my image down. The quote " You loved me and your love made me --human" is from a book  ― Isaac AsimovForward the Foundation.

So there it is, my first mixed media piece in a while and I have to say I'm actually pleased with how it turned out for once....particularly like how the lips as I can never seen to get any real depth when colouring them .


1 comment:

Borqna said...

Amazing card and sentiment! Great mood!
Good luck!